Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Thankfulness




I took some time today to sneak away from the family, food, and fun to write a short Thanksgiving post for you: my fans! The last few months have been an amazing experience and one that I will always cherish. It has taken a lot to put myself out there and be as vulnerable with the world about my struggles, my triumphs, and my journey as a whole. You have all embraced my journey with me and have been a source of constant encouragement and love.


 I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU!

I would also be remise in writing a “what I am thankful for” list without including my amazing wife and family. They have loved and supported me throughout the journey so far. My wife has put up with the crazy dietary changes and everything else that has come with me reclaiming my life and has handled every step of it as a cheerleader and a companion. I love her so much for going through this with me. I also cannot say enough about the other family members who have cheered me on at races, met me to workout, or took pictures for you all to see how far I have come.

THANK YOU ALL!

Like Suze, I am also very thankful for the time I spent as a fat person. I agree it seems weird, but after reflecting on her post she is very correct. By the way, I am also thankful for Suze, who had thrown herself whole heartedly to a blog that isn’t even hers to share her soul with you. 

THANK YOU SUZE. 

But, back to thankful for fat. I am thankful because it gives me an increased appreciation for my body and all of the amazing things I am capable of doing now that I had never dreamed possible. Running a full 5K, scuba diving for the first time, playing roller hockey again, and riding a bike for the first time in 20 years. I would never be able to appreciate how amazing all of those things were if I had never know what it was like to not be able to do any of it.

THANK YOU FAT!

I have a lot to be thankful for this year. This amazing journey has changed my life. I am down 210lbs and still going strong. I cannot wait to see what amazing things the next year has in store for me and for this blog. I know there will be plenty more to be thankful for this next year as well.
I hope all of your continue to support this blog in the coming year and help me to grow it even more than it already has in the last month and a half. The popularity of this blog has grown faster than I ever could have hoped. I love the fact that it has given me an outlet to make a difference in other people’s lives and I cannot wait to see who will be affected and the amazing journeys that will be spurred on because of this site. 


THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT OF THIS BLOG AND ITS WRITERS!


As we all sit down to our turkey this year, take a moment to reflect on your own journey. See how far you have come and all you have accomplished. Be sure to comment below with all of the things you are thankful for on this day of thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment