Saturday, November 15, 2014

FRIDAY FOOD FIX - Pureed Cauliflower – Alfredo Style





This is a recipe I stumbled across while working on a regular pureed cauliflower recipe during the pureed food stage of my post-surgery diet. I was trying to make them the way I make mashed potatoes; with a little bit of parmesan cheese. To my surprise I found that it tasted very similar to alfredo sauce. I am a huge alfredo fan and I had just discovered a way to get that taste without all of the heavy creams and butters. This recipe would work great tossed with whole wheat or zucchini noodles. It also works great as a side dish to chicken, fish, or steak. I personally love it over grilled salmon!

Servings:  6 people                                  Calories: 85   

Ingredients:

1              Head of Cauliflower (chopped)
1              Carrot Chopped
 ½            Onion (you can also use shallot for a milder flavor)
1 cu.        Chicken Stock (You can use vegetable stock or water)
½ cu.       Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste


1. In a large sauce pot combine half of the chicken stock with the cauliflower, carrot, and onion. Cook on medium for 10 min. or until fork tender. You can also use the microwave on high for 5min. You will only need to put a few tablespoons of water in the bowl.


2. Place everything in a blender with parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth or the consistency of baby food and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment