Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Food Fix - Protein Fruit Sorbet

Protein Fruit Sorbet




This is one of my all-time favorite recipes for when I have a sweet tooth. I love ice cream, it has always been a weakness of mine and this gives me just the right amount of sweet. I love that I can load it up with berries or any other fruit I want. As a side note, if you are huge fans of the Dole Whip served at Walt Disney parks around the world then just use pineapple in this recipe for a very close approximation. You can make this recipe with or without the protein powder, but I love using it because it gives me the added protein I need in a day without the taste that a lot of people are not fans of. 


I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!!




Servings: 1                                                                  Calories: 200  
Ingredients:
1 cup               Frozen Fruit (Your choice but Mango, Peach, Strawberry, Blueberry, works best)
¼ cup              Low Fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt (Or Fat Free Vanilla Light and Fit Yogurt)
1 scoop           Vanilla Protein Powder.
(Try also doing combinations of fruits for different tastes)
Directions:
1.         Blend all ingredients in a blender until sorbet consistency. You may need to add a little more Greek Yogurt to get the right consistency. You can eat this treat right away or put in the freezer to firm up a little before eating later. If it is too frozen when you pull it out of the freezer let sit in refrigerator for half an hour or until it is a scoop able consistency.


Note: All calorie calculations done using the MyFitnessPal Recipe Calculator app. 


2 comments:

  1. Great idea. Thanks for sharing this. I will definitely give it a try.

    ReplyDelete